The meeting has been cancelled due to the ice storm. It will be rescheduled for another date to be determined.
Please join us for an in-person and virtual meeting! Members may choose to meet via computer, phone, or in person. In person social distancing and masks are required.
Location is at the Hardin County Extension Office at 111 Opportunity Way, Elizabethtown, KY 42701.
You may also join the video teleconference via Google Meet.
- Welcome members back
- Introduction of current Board Members
- Financial Report
- Committee Reports
- New Business
- Recommendation and vote to forgo dues for 2020
- Recommendation and vote to suspend elections until February
- Ask for any volunteers/nominations for the new board
- Notification of delayed audit. Audit will be done by end of 2020
- Reduce meeting times to end not later than 8:00 PM
- When potluck is served, potluck to begin at 6:30 and will be consumed while meeting is in process
- Website improvements and updates; better interface with Facebook
- Will start Workshops on Saturdays to cover topics not conducive to a 30-minute class
- Working to establish a Swarm catching call list with more web information and set of rules – looking for volunteers
- Hives at extension office
- Working with 4H for an approved education/mentoring tract
- Intend to continue the Mentoring program in some manner – details in the works
- Discussion on gift David Shockey
- Open Discussion
Due to the health concerns related to the coronavirus and posted restrictions on meetings and etc., we will not be holding the Hardin County Beekeeper Association’s monthly meeting in April. Hopefully we can get started back in May.
As for the beekeeping mentoring sessions, I will be allowing folks to just schedule a time that is convenient for them to come by. Since there are packages that have been purchased and will be delivered, I’ll provide a time and etc. for those who will need to pick up packages as well as time for those who will need to install packages.
Until the situation calms down, I’ll try to send out regular weekly beekeeping emails and include any good to know info.
The honey bees are not included in any restricted activities, quarantine or shutdown and will be caring on with their activities with or without us. SO if anyone has any beekeeping issues, please do not hesitate to call, text or email for assistance.
Hope to bee meeting with everyone again in the very near future.
Stay safe and stay healthy,
David Shockey, President
Hardin County Beekeepers Association